SCM Core Text
The Core Text is made up of seventeen chapters on key topics in twentieth century Christianity, together with an extended Introduction and a reflective Conclusion. The editors have consulted friends and colleagues worldwide to advise them on local and regional issues and resources. The books serve primarily as a guide to the history of Christianity in the century and as such they examine theological issues that have often been at the heart of key historical events and developments. Part One in both volumes provides a broad introduction to main developments across the regions of the globe affected by Christianity and introduces Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Protestant, Evangelical and Pentecostal streams of thought.
Part Two explores themes which have had an impact on all Christian life and thought, such as Christianity and scientific developments, Christianity and war etc. Part Three provides case study from each region - Latin America, Africa, Asia, North America, Europe and the Middle East - which are illustrative of the broad range of developments that occurred during the century. A key textbook and companion reader for a core subject at most higher education and further education institutions of religious studies and theology.
God in Christianity - Wikipedia
The reader volume will be compiled to include helpful linking passages so students are guided as to context, meaning and relationship to themes and both volumes will be cross-referenced for ease of use. Customer Reviews Average Review.
- Heißes Wasser: Far Too Close 2 (German Edition).
- 2. Science and religion in Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism.
- Religion and Science (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)?
- Scm Core Text.
- SCM Core Text | In-Stock - Buy Now | at Mighty Ape NZ?
See All Customer Reviews. Shop Books.
Add to Wishlist. USD Sign in to Purchase Instantly.
Product Details About the Author. Average Review. Write a Review. Related Searches. Another Possible World. Liberation theology - whether Latin American, U. Black, African, Feminist - realized that theology had Black, African, Feminist - realized that theology had traditionally been done from the standpoint of privilege. Western theology was the product of a minority of humankind living in a state of affluent exception; View Product. Borderland: Continuity and Change in the Countryside. Institutional Login.
Log in to Wiley Online Library. Purchase Instant Access. View Preview. Learn more Check out.
- La storia non è finita: Etica, politica, laicità (Italian Edition)!
- Du kanske gillar!
- Ward 402: A Novel.
Volume 15 , Issue 1 January Pages Related Information. Close Figure Viewer. Browse All Figures Return to Figure. Previous Figure Next Figure.
Email or Customer ID. Forgot your password? Forgot password? Old Password. New Password. Password Changed Successfully Your password has been changed. Returning user. Request Username Can't sign in?
- Hymns Ancient & Modern puts study books online for free for ordinands and lay ministers in training.
- EASILY GETTING RID OF STINKBUGS: Discover How To Easily Keep These Bugs And Their Stench Away From Your Home! Plus Natural Homemade Bug Spray Recipes That ... Work! (The Easy Home Care Series Book 4).
- Free Electricity Forever - How to Get Free Solar Power from Photovoltaic Cell Panels?
Forgot your username? Enter your email address below and we will send you your username.